[meteorite-list] Blaine - Looking for the good in men and praising it...

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 09:13:47 -0600

It's been my luck in life to have more than one "best friend" when
many men live out their life never really having even one. A best
friend is someone you trust without a doubt to be alone with your hot
girlfriend, to owe or loan money "for awhile" without regret, and in
our case, to be tied together on a length of rope on a high icy
mountain where there's "no air" and where if either of us falls, the
other must hammer in the ice axe and surely hang on for both.

Blaine and I have climbed those high mountains together, we've stood
on the edge of an erupting volcano in Guatemala, drank warm beer in
Panama, and of course, twice went to Bolivia to see what we could find
just laying on the ground.

Friday, June 10 marks the 10th anniversary of our recovery of
Bolivia's first authenticated meteorite, Sevaruyo H5. This is very
special to me and wouldn't be except for Blaine.

Blaine's visited my former home in Ft Myers where just for the heck of
it, with brother Blake helped me put up a board-on-board fence.
Blane's visited me here in Costa Rica where we again climbed too close
to steaming mountains and bushwacked through uncharted rain forest
"for fun."

I mention this because so many times we were too cold, too hot, too
tired, too wet, too lost and never did Blaine utter a negative word.

And never does Blaine brag about these "accomplishments."

Blaine has always shared his vast knowledge of meteorites with me
without a hint of condescension, has given me sound brotherly advice
on matters of the heart and affairs of business.

If there's another high mountain to climb, there's no one better than
Blaine to be on the other end of the rope.

Happy anniversary, Blaine.

Kevin Kichinka
Tambor de Alajuela
Costa Rica