[meteorite-list] NWA 001 question

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

NWA001 is a single stone just over a kilo. It was part of a very will mixed group of meteorites that was sold by retired meteorite dealer Michael casper. I cut NWA001 all up mostly into slices (Except for a 160 gram endpiece which I believe that Adam Hupe ended up with that was once the main mass but I believe that he cut it up and sold on ebay in pieces).
I guess theoritically some parts of that end piece could look something like a half stone if it is flat enough but to call it a half stone seems to be stretching it. Maybe send me a photo and I can say if such a shape is possible to be from the original stone..
But otherwise there is no such thing as a half stone of NWA001. I still have a third of it somewhere so the total amount in collectors hands is well under a kilo. The biggest piece possibly remaining is the 160 something odd gram (I cant remember exactly the size) piece that Adam once had (Or possibly still has) and very little of it wasnt cut into slices (And from there mostly into smaller ebay size pieces).
Sincerely
DEAN
AMUNRE on Ebay
www.amunre.com