[meteorite-list] Facebook Meteorite group

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:18:25 -0400

When Facebook changed their group layout and settings, it messed
everything up. In the past, you would not receive emails every time
someone posted to the group. The old groups were more like a message
board. The new format automatically subscribes each member to the
group feed, so it's now like being a member of a mailing list with no
option for a digest format.

You can turn off the emails by going into the group settings or you
can leave the group entirely.

Alot of group owners and members (of any group) have been upset by
this change and I don't blame them. It is rather annoying to suddenly
get dozens of emails without any warning.

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com