[meteorite-list] Tile Glows

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:50:43 -0700

Long before the first Shuttle mission, I recall being somewhere at a party
where some fella pulled out of his back-pack what he called a
Heat-Tile...and proceeded to give a demonstration: he literally held the
tile in his hand and fired it with an acetylene torch. The torch-side
glowed red-hot and he still held it in his hand.

Then the Space Shuttle.

Back then (1978-maybe80???)

I mention this because I witnessed it in private hands before anyone
"publically" knew of the technology....shedding some light upon 'widely
gurded secrets.'

Back then I was into frisbee freestyle and remembering my undergraduate
degree was sort of important....wasn't taking many notes.

Pondering "before-factors" and more,
Richard Montgomery