[meteorite-list] Tile Glows

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:58:59 -0700

Hello List

 Long before the first Shuttle mission, I recall being somewhere at a party
 where some fella pulled out of his back-pack what he called a
 Heat-Tile...and proceeded to give a demonstration: he literally held the
 tile in his hand and fired it with an acetylene torch. The torch-side
 glowed red-hot and he still held it in his hand.

 Then the Space Shuttle.

Back then (1978-maybe80???)
I mention this because I witnessed it in private hands before anyone
 "publically" knew of the technology....shedding some light upon 'widely
 gurded secrets.'

 Back then I was into frisbee freestyle and remembering my undergraduate
 degree was sort of important....wasn't taking many notes.

 Pondering "before-factors" and more,
Richard Montgomery