[meteorite-list] trans-topica vs. meteorites

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:48:42 -0500

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:42:09 -0800, you wrote:

>have some ammo for the political debates surrounding climate-change claiming
>that man-kind (and woman-kin) are in charge of what happens down here on the
>planet...for me, meteorites and now knowing about impacts and potential
>mass-extinctions-in-an-instant-of-time is more than enough evidence for me
>to recognize that there is a missing element in the human-cause discussion.

Setting the correctness or lack thereof of current global warming models aside,
arguing that humans aren't impacting the environment because there are instances
of environment being impacted by outside factors is akin to arguing that someone
can't be killed by smoking because sometimes people get shot.