[meteorite-list] OT transpermia vs. God vs. Science

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:30:50 -0500

Hi Phil,

No one suggested you had an agenda. Your introduction of Einstein as a "Deist who attended Catholic School" simply seemed to require a clarification.

You also seem to have paid no heed to the differentiation I provided for your consideration.

> In contemporary Judaism, there is a big difference between "religious" and "observant."

For any folks that are interested, there is a great deal of documentation which amply reveals how Einstein acknowledged his jewishness in ways that transcended ethnicity and culture. And Phil, one does not have to keep kosher and attend synogogue to be selectively observant. There is an entire branch of Judaism borne from the reform movement referred to Humanistic Judaism which is basically atheism combined with an "observance" of Jewish holidays.

But really, enough of this.

OY!!!!