[meteorite-list] OT: Earth Quake, Tsunami yet more Preparation needed??!

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:11:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dirk,

Way to go!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: drtanuki <drtanuki at yahoo.com>
To: rockhounds <rockhounds at lists.drizzle.com>; meteorite-list
Sent: Fri, Mar 11, 2011 3:48 pm
Subject: [meteorite-list] OT: Earth Quake, Tsunami yet more
Preparation needed??!

Thank you Kreigh! and List, Your information is very serious and reads
danger ahead since neither the Chiba nor Tokyo faults have released
their gained tensions yet. If you get word of warning of pending
rupture of the Chiba and Tokyo Faults please do let me know. I will do
the same if anything is announced by the Japanese government or
scientists.I have posted this so that persons living in Japan can read.
  Many here do not have communications with the embassy in the event of
emergency, so I am posting this online as many tourist are checking the
local internet. Anyone that needs help please consult my site for
information, telephone numbers and contact info for embassy and
emergency services. Thank you all.Friends in California, Alaska, Hawaii
please also consider taking moderate pro-active action just in
case.Best for All... Dirk Ross...Tokyo --- On Sat, 3/12/11, Kreigh
Tomaszewski <Kreigh at tomaszewski.net> wrote:> From: Kreigh Tomaszewski
<Kreigh at tomaszewski.net>> Subject: Re: [Rockhounds] Earth Quake,
collectors" <rockhounds at lists.drizzle.com>> Date: Saturday, March 12,
2011, 12:42 PM> Japan earthquake factbox: Entire> Japan coast shifted
2.4 metres, earth axis moves ten inches> >
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Japan+earthquake+factbox+Entire+Japan+coast+shifted+metres+earth+axis/4425617/story.html>
> USGS Dr. Dave Applegate says the Japan earthquake ruptured> a 180
mile long by 50 mile wide section of the Earth's> crust.> > Scientists
 from the United States Geological Service> answered questions from the
public this afternoon, with some> startling revelations made.> >
Kreigh> > > On Friday, Mar 11, 2011, at 19:59 America/Detroit, Kitty> &
Bill Heacox wrote:> > > Yep, we're fine.> > > > We had friends who were
staying in a hotel on the Kona> side and were wakened by hotel staff at
midnight and told> told to pack up and get out.? So the four of them>
shoved their belongings in suitcases and drove to the town> of Waimea
-- well inland and over 2000' above sea level --> and spent the rest of
the night dozing in their rented van> in a supermarket parking lot.?
They went back this> morning and found the hotel lobby very wet and
missing most> of its furniture, but their room a few floors above is
OK.> > > > We are concerned about the welfare of everyone in> Japan,
but particularly Dirk Tanuki, Rockhounds List member> in Tokyo.? I sent
him an off-List message today but he> probably has more to worry about
than this List.? Let's> think good thoughts for him anyway.> > > >
Aloha, Kitty> > > > On 3/11/2011 1:37 PM, Axel Emmermann wrote:> >> Hy
Kitty,> >> > >> Glad you're OK. We were a tad worried... you being>
America's first outpost> >> (or is that Guam?)> >> That makes two
really big Tsunamis in less than 7> years!> >> > >> Cheers> >> Axel> >>
Bill&? I live high above Hilo, but all> schools are closed throughout
the> >> state (including universities, so Bill gets a day> off), as
well as all> >> airports.? This is because roads are closed> that are
in the tsunami> >> evacuation areas, and on most of the islands major>
roads are quite close> >> to sea level and the shore.? The Kona side
of> the Big Island had one> >> oceanside restaurant completely swept
away and> several hotels and> >> restaurants have had over one foot of
water> flooding and in many cases> >> still standing in the lobbies and
ground> floors.? Water flowed across> >> Ali'i Drive depositing
furniture from businesses> and hotels on the other> >> side of the
street, and breaking up much of the> pavement.? At least one> >> whole
house was seen floating off shore, many> boats were destroyed or> >>
damaged in several boat harbors, and debris --> especially pieces of>
>> furniture -- is still seen bobbing along coasts.> >> > >> It was
kind of scary during the night:? First> Hawaii had a 3.5> >> earthquake
that waked us up -- not related to the> one in Japan,> >> authorities
say.? Then at 1am we were wakened> by tsunami-warning sirens> >> that
went off down along the coast...the sound> drifted uphill to our> >>
house.? Then at 2am the phone rang with a> Civil Defense recording> >>
telling everyone to leave the evacuation zones and> not to try to go
see> >> the waves.> >> > >> Aloha, Kitty> > > >