[meteorite-list] Lost/stolen meteorite in transit

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:28:55 -0700

Dear Martin and List,

We just filed paperwork with the USPS for a lost international shipment
that never left the US...

FYI

We are moving our missing/lost/stolen page from meteorite.com into our
Meteorite-Times Classifieds. This will make it much easier to keep the
information updated and users will now be able to upload images of the
specimen.

If any of you have an information listed on this page
http://www.meteorite.com/missing_stolen.html

and you still want it listed or if you have a new issue, please enter it
on this page. See the Missing/Lost/Stolen category on bottom right.
http://www.meteorite-times.com/classifieds/

And if anyone has any information on following, please contact
Professor Marian Tredoux at the new contact information below.

Thank you, Paul and Jim

The only known sample of the Namibian Itzawisis pallasite has
disappeared from the collection of the Transvaal Museum in Pretoria,
South Africa, where it was curated. The loss could have occurred any
time in the past 2 decades. This meteorite is of profound interest to a
research program being run at the University of Cape Town, and we beg
anyone with information about the whereabouts of the Izawisis specimen,
or any fraction thereof, to please contact us urgently or send some
material to us for non-destructive chemical analysis.

mtredoux at ufs.ac.za <mailto:mtredoux at ufs.ac.za>
Prof Marian Tredoux (27) 51-401-9016 (of)
Dept of Geology (27) 82-976-6209 (cell)
Univ of the Free State (27) 51-401-3815 (fax)
Box 339 Bloemfontein
9300 South Africa