[meteorite-list] The Human Presence in the Solar System

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 03:12:50 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Nice summation, Sterling. I look forward to your posts and always come away with something fresh to think about. It's three o'clock in the morning here and I'm plagued with situational anxiety ... That's where one would rather be awake than asleep out of fear you'll miss something. It's also during these sleepless times that the more provocative questions arise.

Your itemization of our off world precolonization work raises the question that we just might be the very alien life form that we apend so much time looking for. As the cartoon character said "We has metn the enemy and it is us." I propose we are the dominate life form, not only in this solar system, but perhaps the galaxy and that we arrived on this planet through panspermia and are now proceeding to exploit our surroundings. I have no doubt that we are, shall we say, genetically predisposed to do this and we retain a programmed cellular memory that relentlessly advances our evolution and constantly directs us. This is certainly not an original hypothesis, but I think timely in light of your summations.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536