[meteorite-list] Martian Sedimentay Rocks: Where are they?

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:15:56 -0700 (PDT)

Walter,

There is also the intriguing possibility that they may be rather hard to spot after they land. Once the crust has weathered, they may look almost identical to terrestrial sedimentary rocks. It's a strange idea but there must also be earth meteorites lying around but none in our collections.
What is odd to me is that so far, none have turned up, to the best of my knowledge, from the ANSMET programme.

Rob