[meteorite-list] Widmanstatten Pattern on the outside??

From: Jay Snyder <jayray27_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 21:53:08 -0700

Hello list,

I am curious if anyone has ever observed an iron meteorite with a
widmanstatten pattern on the outside or I guess what would be the
outside or a weathered iron meteorite? I have a very small SaW 005
that shows the patten after cleaning with a mild vinegar solution,
under the microscope. I've tried to capture some pictures, but am
unable at this time through the scope. Very interesting indeed, and
if anyone has had experiences with this I would like to hear about
them or see them too.
--
Jason Snyder
Amateur Meteor Hunter