[meteorite-list] Nantan rusters (Was: Widmanstatten Pattern on the outside?)

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:54:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Mike and List,

I have a very nice etched slice of Nantan I bought from you...a while back. It's as pristine as the day I got it. Here in the desert we worry more about age cracks than rusting :0) I can only guess how tough it must be on the collectors who live where there is water and trees and grass and flowers and one can sit in front of a fire in the winter and knoodle with a loved one. And in the summer you don't have to sleep naked on top of the sheets with the iar conditioning blowing... and your loved one is too hot and sticky to knoodle. Trade offs...that's what it is..trade offs.

Guido