[meteorite-list] Strange Happenings

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

Just returned from a field trip in Hassayampa Basin, Arizona while staying with
my uncle in Wickenburg.

There was some discussion on the List a month or so ago about finding strange
things in the middle of the desert. How about a perfect triangle with all three
sides adding up to around 3 miles carved in the middle of nowhere? It kind of
reminds me of landing strip but there are no buildings or support services
anywhere near it.

My uncle did find a promising brown crusted stone about a mile away from the
mysterious triangle.

Google Earth image of huge triangle in the middle of the desert:
http://themeteoritesite.com/GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

Google link to same:
http://themeteoritesite.com/GoogleEarth_Placemark.kmz

Link to image of promising looking find:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Stone-a.jpg

It never fails to amaze me what odd things we always seem to run into in the
desert.

Happy Hunting,

Adam