[meteorite-list] Strange Happenings

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 22:26:29 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Adam,

Your triangle is an emergency landing area that was scraped out for use by students from Luke, Kingman and Las Vegas air training facilities all the way into the sixties. There are several in different areas of Northern Arizona, Western California and Southern Nevada. The tip off is the length, width and provision for six approaches no mattter what the wind. This one has held up better than others I've seen.

Guido