[meteorite-list] Meteorite fell near Wynndel

From: U.S. Airborne <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:52:13 -0700

Hi All
I spent two days hunting all logging roads north & NE of Wynndel B.C. for
this visitor or visitors from space. All roads end just at top of hill in
3ft to 4ft of snow. Logging companies only snow plowed the roads to there
present logging truck loading areas. I did find some real nice Paraglider
launches at the top near the lake side ridge just north of Wynndel ,wish I
had my PG wing with me & a driver as cloud base was nice & high. also hunted
3a the road on east shore of both lakes going north. Some hunting in fields
north of town then spent a day hunting the HWY 3 to the east and the Goat
river forest service roads that are just east of the projected fall area.
The snow melt has all creeks & river at Max flow with some flooding in
areas. Snow level is low but once it melts off & opens up the roads I fill
that there is still a chance for some one to stumble across some meteorites.
I do have to say the timber & brush is really thick in this area. So finding
one will surly put a feather in your cap. Even thou I found no new finds on
my hunt. I did fully enjoy the hunt and being connected to mother nature and
seeing all the wild life. I did post a lot of my Meteorite wanted posters
around the area and talked to some logger that log the area. So now iam just
waiting for that call from a Logger telling me he has my 10 KG meteorite
.When I get time I will post some pics

Scott Johnson
U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC
Eagles Nest Airpark