[meteorite-list] Test your Meteorite Knowledge, Win a Free Assortment of Micromounts!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:26:40 -0400

Greetings Listees,

I have two meteorite-related questions to ask. The first person who
answers both correctly will win a free selection of 5 different
micromounts. These micros will include a hammer fall, 2 achondrites,
and an iron meteorite. (exact identity of these specimens will remain
a secret and will be a surprise for the winner!)

Note, there is a bonus question. The winner need not answer the bonus
question to win.

I usually get a flood of responses to these freebie-questions, so I
will notify the winner by email. After I notify the winner, I will
post to the List that the contest is closed and I will reveal the
correct answers. I may not have the time to reply to each entry
individually.

Question #1 - Out of all the areas of the world known for finding
meteorites, which area has yielded the most classified meteorites?

(Note - The Sahara, Antarctica, etc are not valid answers. I am
looking for a specific locality, such as Acfer or Dhofar that is a
part of the official nomenclature.)

Question #2 - One meteorite, above all others, is known for being
associated with Indian burial mounds. What is the name of this
meteorite, and what is the name of the tribe associated with the
mounds?

BONUS QUESTION (good for one extra free micromount) - Name 3
meteorites that have struck motor vehicles.

Send your answers to - meteoritemike at gmail.com

Good luck!

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galactic-Stone-Ironworks/218849894809686