[meteorite-list] Certificate of Mailing

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:30:03 -0700

Hi all!

Prior to me selling my mail order business several years ago, we
mailed/shipped thousands upon thousands of packages.

Most of this was done via FedEx and USPS along with UPS and some
special carriers.
USPS proved to be very reliable and we only had issues with a few
packages. All issues were resolved, but it seems to take forever once
an issue arises.

My suggestions are;
1. Insure the package for the value of replacement.
2. Pay for the Delivery Confirmation with signature. This proves two
things. A. You shipped it. B. It was received. It also gives you
the ability to track the package, although USPS tracking really lacks
on information on most all shipments.
3. If it is an extremely rare or expensive product, have it shipped
by a special carrier with tracking capabilities. It will be treated
with better care.

Still, Shxx happens. It's unfortunate for both the buyer and seller.

Kind Regards!

Jim Wooddell