[meteorite-list] White House: No Evidence That ETs Have Reached Out To Touch Us -- Or Even Exist

From: dorifry <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:34:34 -0500

http://www.aol.com/2011/11/08/white-house-says-no-et-evidence_n_1081731.html#s307060&title=Lanterns

White House: No Evidence That ETs Have Reached Out To Touch Us -- Or Even
Exist

share this story
7
0
0

There's no evidence of any extraterrestrial life and "no credible
information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's
eye."

And there you have it, straight from the White House's mouth, so to speak.
UFO aficionados, skeptics and believers alike have waited patiently since
September to see how the Obama administration would respond to two petitions
under the new "We the People" program.

According to the official response written and released Friday evening by
Phil Larson at the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy, while
the government is saying it has "no evidence that any life exists outside
our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged
any member of the human race," the door is still open to the possibility and
search efforts "of life outside our planet."

And those efforts include the ongoing Search for Extraterrestrial
Intelligence -- or SETI -- which uses ground-based telescopes to try and
tune in to signals from another world.

Larson's response also mentions the Kepler spacecraft in Earth's orbit,
searching for Earth-like planets, and the upcoming Mars Science Laboratory,
a car-size vehicle that will explore the geology of the red planet to look
for any of the building blocks of life.

Undoubtedly, the minions who believe that Earth has already been visited by
at least one race of extraterrestrials -- citing photographic, film, video
tape, radar returns and landing traces as evidence -- will surely be
disappointed with the White House's "no evidence" stance.

Steven Bassett, who penned the first alien disclosure petition in September,
isn't satisfied with the White House response and has announced on his
Paradigm Research Group site his intention of filing another petition.

"The [White House] response was unacceptable. Much feedback is likely. PRG
will begin to pre-promote a new petition relevant to the Disclosure process
... and will continue to keep the Disclosure issue front and center within
this attempt at participatory democracy by the Obama administration,"
Bassett wrote.

If someone, like Bassett, isn't happy with the response given by the Obama
administration, he or she can turn right around and file a new petition with
no restrictions.

"There's no reason someone couldn't submit a second petition," White House
spokesman Matt Lehrich told The Huffington Post in an e-mail Monday. "If it
crosses the threshold [of 25,000 signatures], it will get a response.
Obviously, if the petition is very similar, it may garner a similar
response."

Any backlash to the White House ET response will most likely come from
people and organizations who will point to the thousands of pages of
previously classified government documents about UFOs -- many of which
clearly indicate that some UFO encounters with military forces and airline
pilots in the past were considered so important that they weren't disclosed
to the public.

Of course, anything in the sky that can't be identified is a UFO. Experts,
government officials and military personnel have often been unable to
explain away sightings. That doesn't prove the existence of ETs, but it
convinces many that we are not alone in the universe.

They have got bases all over the world now, you know. They've been coming
here ever since 1946 when the scientists first started bouncing radar beams
off of the moon. And they have been living and working among us in vast
quantities ever since. The government knows all about 'em.

Well, they are people just like us, from within our own solar system. Except
that their society is more highly evolved. I mean, they don't have no wars,
they got no monetary system, they don't have any leaders because I mean each
man is a leader. I mean each man ... because of their technology they are
able to feed, clothe, house and transport themselves equally and with no
effort.

Why don't they reveal themselves to us is because if they did it would cause
a general panic. Now, I mean, we still have leaders upon whom we rely for
the release this information. These leaders have decided to repress this
information because of the tremendous shock that it would cause to our
antiquated systems. Now, the result of this has been that the Venusians have
contacted people at all walks of life, all walks of life.

It would be a devastating blow to our antiquated systems. So now Venusians
are meeting with people in all walks of life in an advisory capacity. For
once, man will have a god-like control over his own destiny. He will have a
chance to transcend and to evolve with some equality for all.