[meteorite-list] White House: No Evidence That ETs Have Reached Out To Touch Us -- Or Even Exist

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:53:01 -0500

Phil,
Good one.
It is sometimes difficult to prove some things exist. Even if they do. The way they can doctor pictures and video these days I imagine the "proof" bar is pretty high these days in the ET debate. Looks like we're going to need an actual body at this point.
And take God for example. Believers think the world is all the proof you need whereas disbelievers cannot prove he doesn't exist.
If there is life elsewhere one might expect it to be on the moon.
I mean they say the moon was once part of Earth. If that is so then why is there no life there? Earth has life almost everywhere and yet the moon has none anywhere. This not only adds to the other discredits of the origin of the moon theory but, it does equally the life elsewhere theory. The moon even has the same oxygen and it is also not flat. Yes, we can prove the Earth is not flat.
Although each theory has it's own circular argument. Neither one will ever prove or disprove the other.
Because we were not there when the moon formed and we have yet to find a shred of life elsewhere. Not even a peep (SETI) .
And to say there "must" be life out there is the same argument stated about God. There "must" be a God.
In any event I think Earth is great. God or chance did something right.
2 more cents,
Carl
meteoritemax
--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote".