[meteorite-list] Meteorite Escrow Service

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 06:03:48 -0500

Hi Anne and all,

In the 23 plus years I have been dealing, I have business cards and
contact information to over 500 suppliers. Some are not in the business
any longer but have been replaced by many other new dealers. Figure in
all the new dealers both full time and part time, dealer collectors,
collectors who sale items after they upgrade, and older collections who
are selling off specimens, and all the new desert dealers from the
Africa and Asia areas and there are well over 1000 sources of specimens.

Just want people to know there ARE other choices when it comes to
buying specimens. Certainly IMCA has a lot to offer but there is a lot
more out there also. If you are only buying IMCA then you might not be
buying the best specimen out there at the best price as IMCA dealers
aren't holding all the great specimens for sale.

Even with the IMCA membership there have been problems recently. Some
excellent dealers have elected to quit the IMCA because of these
problems. To my knowledge anyone who has had a problem has had that
problem resolved.Common sense and asking questions before you jump in
would solve 90% of the problems both in and out of the IMCA. Best!!

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites

Quoting Impactika at aol.com: