[meteorite-list] OT: Extreme Canada Mail Slow Down

From: Craig Moody <meteoritesnorth_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:22:48 -0500

Wow, I am glad I am not the only one who is getting pissed at the mail service to Canada. I cannot figure out who to blame, the mail services (both Canada Post and USPS) or Customs. However, it takes only a week to get a package to, or from, the UK and up to 4-5 weeks from the USA, regardless of the State!!!!???? In any case, this length of delay is inexcuseable! Unfortunately, I used to do Christmas shopping online, with much coming from the USA. I won't be doing that this year, that's for sure.

Count Deiro...Nice rant buddy! Well done! I would like to add to it a bit, if I may. I agree with you that the Unions served a purpose in the past, but now have far too much power in many sensitive or critical areas. In fact, I would go so as to say that they have had a major role in the downfall of the US economy. Take the Auto industry for example. They went on strike every few years for more money, benefits etc. to the point that a person was getting paid $30.00 per hour, to tighten bolts, plus every possible benefit in the world. No wonder they all went bankrupt. The selling cost of their vehicles would have to double in order for them to break even. People wouldn't be able to buy new cars. Do you wonder why nothing is made here anymore? Almost everything you buy is made somewhere else (Asia).

Here endeth the rant.....
Craig