[meteorite-list] Gold and Iridium content of meteorites(especiallyirons)

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 22:29:59 -0400 (EDT)

No way Mike, that there are 48 grams of gold in that 32 Kg hunk of tkw.

... Unless this is such an anomoly that comes from the Star of the
Woman of the Golden Atom, I think none of this makes any sense and that
the units are micrograms per gram ( ?g/g ), and if that is the case
there is not 48 grams of gold in them thar TKW, haha, more like a total
of 0.03 grams in the whole 32 Kg mass to go refining. And if you read
it somewhere, there is the possibility that the reference is wrong.
Was the article peer reviewed? (my comment isn't ;-))

Kindest wishes
Doug