[meteorite-list] RSPOD

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 13:04:24 -0400

Hi Paul and List,

A long time ago (2008), Michael went on a hiatus and the RSPOD
vanished for a couple of weeks. During that period, I stepped into
the breach and started hosting an alternate version called Space Rocks
POD. This was not intended as competition or a replacement for
Michael Johnson's long-running enterprise, but was meant to be a
stop-gap measure until Johnson's version came back online. Shortly
afterwards, the RSPOD re-appeared and I stopped doing my temporary
version.

If Michael has decided to go on hiatus again (or, if he has pulled the
plug permanently), I volunteer to host an alternate version again. I
have the web-hosting and time required, so it's not a big deal for me
to do it. But, I don't want to step on Michael's toes, so I'd like to
wait until we hear something definitive from Michael Johnson about the
future of RSPOD. Has he indeed quit entirely, or is this another
temporary hiatus?

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com