[meteorite-list] new vesta video

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:54:52 -0700

Hi Mike:

I assume that you meant to say slick (hope that I am not putting words in
your mouth).

I have played this video several times and it is clear how much can be
said about Vesta by the narrator without giving any scientific
interpretation of it! I realize that there is always the mandate that
little is said without an official press release or the published papers
with the first results, but to say only that there is a "depression" at
the south pole, a huge crater (known for many years) and probably the main
source of most HED meteorites, leaves one wanting for at least some
interpretation of what one is seeing.

Larry