[meteorite-list] ALERT: Large number of meteorites stolen

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:30:53 -0500

Dear Meteorite Collectors and Dealers,

On December 24, 2012 at about 3 AM local time, the Pisgah Astronomical
Research Institute in western North Carolina was broken in to and well
over 100 meteorites were taken.
Many of these meteorites were bought from list members and list
dealers over the past 15 + years. Many of them are going to be
difficult to replace. There?s a reward offered for the recovery of
these meteorites.
I have pictures, more information and a list of some of the meteorites
on the website -

www.StolenMeteorites.com

 PLEASE take a look.
 I will be adding to this list and posting new information as it
becomes available.

There are several large multi kilo iron meteorites that were also
taken. I will post information about them as I get it compiled.

If anyone has any information or are offered any of these meteorites,
please contact Dave Clavier at PARI or me. All information will be
kept confidential.

Thank you,

John Sinclair
jsinclair at pari.edu
john at meteoriteusa.com
 252-622-6430

Contact at PARI

David E. Clavier, Ph.D.
Vice President of Administration & Development
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
One PARI Drive
Rosman, NC 28772
www.pari.edu