[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 00:22:24 -0600

I'm interested in all the aspects of the Meteorite hunt, from the
information to the terrain to the locals. Please keep all the information
coming. It helps out the Pros and the amateurs that have never been out
hunting before and will help them in their first hunt or many down the road.
It's a good idea to know what is involved whether it's in the desert or the
woods or on farmland.

Thanks, Brian

now...........................

To Mexico Doug,

If you have something to say to me Doug, just send it to me directly. You've
sent several posts to the list and then cc me and put a condensed quote in
the beginning of the email relating to me, as in this previous post tonight.

"Brian wrote:

"stay off ... permission to hunt on it.""

Eric just mentioned about the Black Panther and others did too and I was
trying to help out with the other posts that mentioned large cats in Florida
as someone was discussing Bobcats and Florida Panthers. IF you want to
demean me then please contact me directly and we'll discuss it between
ourselves. I'm posting this here since several people emailed me asking me
what the problem was with you having quoted me several times now in emails
to the list. IF you have a problem with me then send it directly to me as I
should be doing here, but I am killing two birds with one stone. I don't
want to get into a list flame war with you, but you have weakly quoted me
before and I don't know if it's because I've ruffled your feathers regarding
any previous emails over the last nearly 13 years I've been collecting
meteorites except last month when I mentioned the long posts where people
were including several posts together and mentioned that it would be a good
idea since many of us use our cell phones during the day to read email and
that one included post was good enough instead of the entire posts from
several days. You seemed to have taken offense at that and as I mentioned I
get several condensed emails per day from Art and each condensed email may
contain between 10 and 18 emails in it instead of 1 individual email at a
time. I'd like to ask you now in front of the entire list to contact me
directly if you have a chip on your shoulder about that or some wild hair
about something you were offended by since I've never used your name
directly or referred to you before.

Thank you,

Brian