[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood Texas

From: eric at meteoritesusa.com <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:53:25 -0700

George, Whether you believe the encounter was a big cat or a pussy
cat, is your prerogative, but please don't make me out to be seeing
something SCARY and overestimating it's size. It truly was larger than
my dog, (Labrador retriever).

I grew up hunting the swamps and thick forests of Florida. I've hunted
Bobcat, and know what they look like and how large their tracks are.
I've never been "scared" of Bobcat, and have been very close to them
within 10 yards. I'm VERY aware of how "small" a "Florida" Bobcat is
and their tracks are small, less than the size of a 50 cent piece. And
as I said before, the cat that I saw was LARGER than a Labrador
retriever and only 30 yards away. That is close. It was a clear sunny
day. And the cat was jet black. Now, either it was a VERY big "black"
Bobcat, or it was a rare black cougar native to Florida. I'll go with
the latter simply because of the long low body of the animal, and the
fact it was so big. There wasn't a speck of brown or white on the cat
I saw.

I don't know how much time you've spent in the woods/wild, but I've
spent 20+ years or more hiking camping and hunting in the wild bush
and swamps of Florida hunting and tracking large and small game. As an
experienced hunter, I know my game animals.

Also, anyone familiar with Florida wildlife will know that typically,
big game animals in Florida are much smaller than their western and
northern counterparts, where larger mountain lions and BIG deer range.
Deer are much smaller in Florida, as are turkeys, squirrels, rabits,
bobcats, and cougars/mountain lions. The cougars (Florida Panther) in
Florida are smaller than the big cats in the midwest/west and north.

When I said 2.5-3 inches, I mean from outside edge to edge of the
footpad at the widest point. Typical bobcat tracks are 1.8 inches
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat and they can get bigger, up to 3".
However, I've not seen any bobcat tracks that large in Florida, and
I've tracked lots of bobcats. What I saw was no mottled/speckled brown
or even dark brown bobcat.

Anyway... It's possible I was hallucinating, or maybe it was an alien.
Hell, I don't know. It could have been a fusion crusted pussy cat. ;)

Regards,
Eric

Quoting GeoZay at aol.com: