[meteorite-list] Fw: PVC death trap

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 02:11:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark, everyone,

It's too bad society needs rules but with so many humans overrrunning
the wilderness, the best way to deal with it is work on a responsible
collecting/mining/4-wheeling/detecting/etc. personal policy and
showcase it for all to see - just like Sonny - then regulations are not
zealously pursued and the offended find other causes more urgently in
need and leave us alone.

I hear you, but just like everything we seem to get involved in that is
outdoors, a few bad apples can spoil it for the 90%+ of people who
really are law abidng common sense toting individuals and that is where
the regulators are forced to move, and in this case people that don't
clean up after themselfs, maybe because they died, or some other
possibly easily understandable reason.

There are always people with different priorities and I agree a bird
zealot may seem over the top for a meteorite hunter. But then again, a
miner might not appreciate someone snooping over the above grounds
rights of a meteorite hunter and if enough meteorite hunters are in
areas with mining claims with enough rotten apples acting suspiciously
in a place like Gold Basin for example, the PETA bird zealot becomes
the miner and the meteorite hunter suffers.

Who said, "common sense is not so common". It's been that way since I
was a kid metal detecting. Even going back to the 1960's Handbook of
metal detectors (the only outdated book on detectors I found as a
9-year old in the library, the advice is "cover your holes!" same
principle, same danger, different day ;-)

  Look at the bright side of things. It won't give the bird an
opportunity to evolve into building human tube traps that at night,
lost meteorite hunters who are so cold that they scamper in them for
the crucial welcomed cover thanking their instincts and happily fall
asleep a little cold, but not frozen, only to wake up in the warming
sun to find themselves inside a tomb which allows them to see the sky
but is to slippery to lift themselves out no matter how much they beat
themselves against the solitary confinement, all they while slowly
getting cooked alive in a roman style birdmade oven, until their
shreiks of nervous terror are extinguished by overheating bodies and a
sudden onset of a peaceful dehydration.

Kindest wsiehs
Doug