[meteorite-list] Linseed/Flaxseed Oil

From: William Bagwell <rb211_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:53:21 -0400

Apologies to those who already know this. The old warning about oily rags
catching fire is true, just that petroleum oil is very unlikely to do
this so most people ignore the warnings. Natural oils are more likely to
do this, with Linseed/Flaxseed topping the list. Not only can it catch
fire, it *will* catch fire if left wadded up.

Sorry, I have no clue about using it on meteorites. Be great on wooden
handled magnet sticks.
--
William