[meteorite-list] (meteorite) Sonic booms over coastal San Diego, CA

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 19:56:57 -0400 (EDT)

>>Possible bolide over San Diego County?<<

If no meteor was seen, I wouldn't get too excited about sonic booms in
the
san diego, ca area. Before moving to northern california, I lived in the
san diego area for over 30 years and mysterious sonic booms every 4 or 5
years isn't too unusual. Although the Navy denies that they are the cause,
personally think they are. If naval training guns are fired about 100
miles
off the coast, sometimes they could be heard in san diego. But I think its
jet aircraft momentarily hitting the speed of sound somewhere over the
ocean.
GeoZay