[meteorite-list] Ad - howardite thin sections w/CM2 inclusions

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:01:07 +0000

Hi list members,

We just got in a very nice selection of high quality thin sections of our howardite NWA-6695. We sent two complete stones for thin section making in order to get large sections from the center of two distinct stones. The results are stunning! The surface area on each thin section is at least 15mm x 20mm and each slice shows a number of small, beautiful cm2 carbonaceous inclusions within the matrix of this gorgeous howardite. In Tucson last year we bought a group of small, gorgeous, fresh achondrites from a Moroccan dealer. He told us that this was the entire strewn field found by the Berber he bought them from just before coming to Tucson for the show. We had Marlin Cilz slice a few of the stones and found that every slice had these cm2 inclusions. So it was a natural that we had to have some thin sections made. There are slides from both stones. Some are covered and some are not covered for the sake of probing. We also had several 5/8" round thin section slides made for micro probe work. We are selling the
6695 for $120.00 each plus shipping.

We also still have a couple of thin sections remaining of our NWA 6693 (Super Green) the pyroxenite. Drop us a line if you would like to add one of these stunning slides to your collection at etmeteorites at hotmail.com we'll send pictures.

Looking forward to hearing from you thin section collectors!

Cheers, Edwin