[meteorite-list] Fwd: Sutter's Mill Running Tally of Finds

From: Randy Korotev <korotev_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:19:50 -0500

>Unknown female finder who contacted Randy Korotev - 4.26g stone
>(authenticity?)

The woman who found the 4.26-g stone sent this message to me
yesterday after I passed on to her offers to purchase her stone from
some list members.

"I have decided to loan the piece to U.C. Davis, Dr. Yin,
who is a renowned expert and published in the field on this type of
meteorite. They will be taking a slice of the meteorite and returning the
rest to me. I plan to just preserve it for family memories, being as my
4-year-old granddaughter Emily helped me find this."

I know Dr. Yin, and I'll probably hear about it if it's not a meteorite.

Randy Korotev