[meteorite-list] Meteorite main mass hunting with a blimp

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 07:55:49 -0700

Historically the tall grass in our foothills turns completely brown by
mid-May, just in time for all the fox-tails and rattlesnakes....chap time.
It doesn't take long after the first October (sometimes September) rains to
knock the tall brown grasses down...then there is about a month or two
before the new green begins to blush-up (gold-detectors also know this
time-zone as 'detecting-season').

Granted, the grass is tall, but it'll be easier to see through when dry.
The biggest trouble will be matting-down, as it will begin to lay
horizontal.

Good fortune to whoever's still up here. I hope to run into anyone who is.

Richard Montgomery