[meteorite-list] Sutters Mill - Proper Care Guide

From: Mike Hankey <mike.hankey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:28:39 -0400

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has a developed a how to guide for caring for
this meteorite.

I've heard it should be refrigerated to keep bacteria from growing on
it , but i also heard, freezing it damages the crystals.

I'm also curious, doesn't bacteria grow on everything and all
meteorites equally, or will this meteorite get more bacteria on it?

I've also heard things about using nitrogen to stabilize it. And a few
other things.

I just want to get a straight answer regarding the 'best' way to care
for this meteorite.

With all these pieces coming out of the field I think someone should
write up a guide about this, maybe someone already has?

Thanks,

Mike