[meteorite-list] OT: NASA will host a news conference on Thursday, May 10, at 11 a.m. PDT (2 p.m. EDT) to present a new analysis of the giant asteroid Vesta using data from the agency's Dawn spacecraft.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:11:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers

For all you Vesta junkies, I?found a link which states that tomorrow there will be?a?news conference about Vesta and it seems NASA will present new analysis of the asteroid. I hope this news will give a better understand which meteorites come from Vesta and which meteorites don't. But I do have a question????? Vesta is the second largest asteroid in the solar system and it has been documented that there are about 1000 HED classifications from this parent body, now wouldn't it make sense from statistics there?should be?at least 1000 classification or more from Ceres? As of right now from what I can gather, there are no meteorite classifications from Ceres? I wonder in the next couple years if?we will find out that among our meteorites in our collection we have meteorites from these two parent bodies, at one time were thought to be from a different parent body, something to think about for those of you that need a break from Sutters Mill meteorite
 fall :)

http://www.spaceref.com/calendar/calendar.html?pid=7421

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633