[meteorite-list] Discovered! The Meteorite-List - February,1998

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:55:39 +0000

Oh yes, Kevin, this brings back memories galore!

> Jim Hurley seeks a sponsor for MetSoc membership.

Some (memories) good, some bad and sad! In November
2001, Jim wrote in a private mail:

"Hello Bernd, et al, yes, I still lurk. I have become a starving
artist, so I no longer can afford my web sites, let alone meteorites."

Jim had created a wonderful digital composite of a cross-sectional
view of Vesta. Jim wrote:

"I took a few liberties for drama, and filled with samples from my
 collection: Ibitira (for the lava tubes), Kapoeta for the surface regolith,
 Millbillillie for the next layer, then Johnstown. At the center is Esquel,
 then Gibeon at the core. The crater at the pole of Vesta appears along
 with a shocked zone underneath the crater floor. There is a link on that
 page to Dave Weir's excellent description of what we know of Vesta."

Thank you for bringing back those cherished memories
and let's hope that Jim's situation changed for the better!!!

Bernd