[meteorite-list] Alain Carion's car jacking and loss of 300, 00 euros worth of meteorites!

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:22:52 +0100

Hi all,

Just been made aware by my mum in France who sent me a new clipping
from Ouest France newspaper that Alain Carion was the victim of a car
jacking where his car was later found burnt out still containing
300,000 euros worth of his meteorites, all gone up in smoke! What a
terrible story! It appears that the thieves had the wrong car and
mistook Alain for a gem dealer from the Nantes show he was returning
from. What a complete and utter nightmare! I am glad Alain is ok but
what a loss :-(

The link to the article online is below (in French)

(http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/societe_detail_-Les-voleurs-incendient-leur-tresor-_3636-2123139_actu.Htm)

Martin

--
Martin Goff