[meteorite-list] Alain Carion's car jacking and loss of 300, 00 euros worth of meteorites!

From: Anne Black <impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:54:07 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you Martin.

I talked to Alain last weekend. He is unhurt but obviously very upset.

He has been down to where what is left of his car is and has tried to
retrieve bits and pieces of his collection without much sucess. He did
find a large slice of Esquel but twisted, melted, and all the crystals
gone, and an even larger slice of Campo also twisted and partially
melted.
Still missing, and probably gone in smoke: several lunars and martians,
and his only piece of Draveil, the new French fall. And many more I am
sure, he was still trying to make a list of what was gone.

The police is still trying to find the thieves.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com