[meteorite-list] BATTLE MOUNTAIN

From: Paul Gessler <cetuspa_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:25:15 -0700

A word of caution to those hunting this area. Avoid the south end of the dry
lake for access. There are numerous hydrothermal springs at that end
which makes for a hard crust about an inch thick over hot sticky mud. There
are vehicle trails to the lake from that end BUT they were made in winter
when it was partly frozen. Believe me stay out of this area unless on a
Quad. I know after a $260 extraction and being stranded overnight looking at
Squaws Tit in the distance.

Congratulations to Moni and Bob. Two of the best in my books. You deserve
it!_at_ You get to keep this one.

Paul Gessler