[meteorite-list] Diogenite Nomenclature

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 09:03:08 -0700

Dear List Members and fellow diogenite enthusiasts,

I talked with Tony Irving this morning regarding the use of 'Olivine Diogenite' in classifications and abstracts. I have been enlightened to the ever evolving diogenite classification scheme. Seems a new 'pigeon hole' has been created due to new meteorites which are comprised of mostly olivine, the Dunite meteorites. Find below Tony's reply and link to an abstract that discusses their proposed, and more accurate separation of the Diogenite meteorites.

Best Regards,
Greg Hupe

Begin forwarded message: