[meteorite-list] New BLM Rules

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 06:35:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers

What is confusing for me is that its seem the new BLM rules make it impossible?for scientist and institutions to hunt and collect "meteorites" in the name?for science,?I wonder why? You would think it would be just as easy for scientist as it is with the casual collector. As speaking of a casual collectors, how could one be 100% its a meteorite? At the end of the day, its a stone until otherwise prove or disprove by someone with expertise.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBay Store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html?