[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 19:05:19 -0400

Hi Linda, and Michael -

Did you bid or purchase from a seller(s) on eBay? Did it happen to be
either a seller called ".a.", or "jevgenijss"? Besides Mike Farmer,
I've purchased from both of these sellers more than once (I'm speaking
of Chelyabinsk specifically right now) and have had
no problems whatsoever with either. The seller, ".a." works with a
dependable, and trustworthy fellow who lives in the Chelyabinsk region
who goes around buying pieces from the locals as well as finding his own
specimens. Since he ships them directly
from Chelyabinsk when they are sold by ".a." on eBay, it does take as
much as 4 weeks or more to receive a package coming out of Russia (
almost a week or longer from Chelyabinsk to Moscow alone ) due to their
antiquated, and extremely inefficient,
postal system. If you did buy from ".a." ( his real name is Michael, or
his mother, Maria) did you receive a tracking number? I found him very
professional, extremely personable, and above board, as well as his
partner in Russia.

Don't know if you purchased from either of these two I've mentioned, but
if you did, I'm just trying to reassure you things should be fine. The
specimens I purchased from ".a." (aka Michael) for instance (since they
were coming directly out of Russia and Chelyabinsk took
26 days to arrive safely in my hands. I purchased them on March 6, and
didn't get the parcel until April 1. If it was ".a." whom you purchased
from, don't worry, he's got your back 100% if something should happen to
your parcel and it doesn't make before the shipment
arrival window expires as given on eBay.

Did you read my little write up on the list a few days ago of how I got
my specimens out of Russia? They were extremely well hidden/disguised
to be "smuggled" out of Russia safely past unsuspecting Russian postal
employees and customs officials who may have prying eyes and sticky
figures at times. I wrote a longer (much too long) piece with photos
that I sent to those on the list that asked for more details. If you're
interested ( and like to read long tedious write-ups ), I'll email you a
copy. At least the photos are worth it if not the narrative itself. :-)

Wishing you good fortune -
Mal
IMCA#6819