[meteorite-list] Ensisheim flyer & latest news

From: Prof. Zelimir Gabelica Université de Haute Alsace ENSCMu, <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:02:39 +0200

Dear meteorite friends,

The Ensisheim 2013 meteorite show flyer (in English and/or in French)
is now available on two web sites:

*Ensisheim City: www.ville-ensisheim.fr

*The ?St Georges Confraternity?:
www.confrerie-gardiens-meteorite-ensisheim.fr

As the sites will be updated only in a couple of days, those who wish
to receive the info immediately, please write me and I?ll send what
you need as attachment.

Here is a summary of the major changes for 2013:

1) SHOW LOCATION:
Exceptionally this year, THE SHOW LOCATION MUST BE CHANGED
Because the Regency Palace where the show is currently held is under
reconstruction, this year the 14th show will take place in another
separate building called ?FOYER St MARTIN?.
(in 2014 the show is again to take place in a brand renewed Regency
Palace ? there will be an elevator!)

The ?Foyer? is located quite close (about 400 m) to the Regency palace.
For those who are familiar with the Regency location, when you are in
the main street, don?t turn right towards the Regency but continue
straight on up to the bridge (250 m away). Once on the bridge, the
?Domaine du Moulin? hotel is on your right and the Foyer St Martin is
on your left. Turn left after the bridge and proceed 100 m along the
river. You can?t miss the Foyer building in the large park on your
right side and the large parking area all around.

2) SHOW ROOMS:
The ?Foyer? consists in one large 18.6 x 12 meter room, resembling the
Regency main hall, though larger. The usual 160 x 80 cm tables will be
probably arranged similar to the Regency arrangement.
3 open doors and a passageway lead to a large side-terrace (18 x 8 m)
where 4 open tents will be erected against the Foyer wall, each
containing 4 dealer tables.
The advantage of the tents is that they are outdoors (fresh air), well
protected from ?improbable? rain and they offer a more quiet and
intimate space. The passage along the tents is inevitable. Tents and
the main room are separately guarded overnight.

Opposite the main hall entrance is a podium (stage) where the genuine
Ensisheim meteorite and the Thematic Exhibit (Meteorites from
Antarctica and Chelyabinsk video/pics ? see flyer) are set.

The Consignment Room (space where organizers & guests coming from far
away are offering for sale their ?extraterrestrials?), is set at the
entrance of the main hall.

3) TABLE RENTING AND RESERVATION
We have quite a number of newcomers so if you wish to reserve your
usual table space it is more than time to let me know. Please, tell me
also if you can?t do it this year so that I don?t send you any reminder.

To avoid money transfer complications and bank fee, we accept you pay
the table renting cash to the treasurer on Saturday morning. Since we
don?t require pre-payment, it would be very fair if, in case of
cancellation, you notify us enough in advance so that we can rent your
stall to those who are on a waiting list.

All former dealers have full priority to reserve their last year
table(s). Giving the 2013 ?Foyer? particular configuration, the
organizers reserve the right to attribute the layout of places (in
tents and in the hall) in an optimal way so as to meet your wishes,
always on the currently adopted ?first come, first served? basis.

Please also specify the names of ALL persons occupying your table
(ideally 1 person per table, though 2 persons can be allowed for only
one table reserved).
Names are needed to write the corresponding badges. People without
badges are not considered as dealers, can?t occupy tables nor are
allowed to sell meteorites elsewhere within the buildings.

4) FRIDAY DINNER PARTY

The Party starts at 20:00 inside the large tent set in the park.
This party is where folks from all around the vast world meet, eat and
drink but also make friends, set business, start deals
.Needless to
say, everybody is warmly welcome!
If you want to attend, let me just know from now on, your name and the
total number of guests attending, so that we can fully meet all your
commitments, needs and comfort. This reservation is a must to
facilitate food preparation though we could always accommodate last
hour guests in exceptional cases. No need to pay in devance.

5) ACCOMMODATION

The 4 traditional hotels are mentioned on the flyer with full contact
data. You can also browse through the Ensisheim web site or use
?Ensisheim + meteorite? as keywords on ?Google? or alike.

For memory, the nearest hotel is now the "Domaine du Moulin", the
other options being ?Les Loges de l?Ecomus?e ?, the "Niemerich" hotel
in Pulversheim and the "Cheval Blanc" in Baldersheim. Everybody must
arrange for his own accommodation! If you call, they all do speak
English and German.

I am now looking forward to having news from many of you and am ready
to provide you with any kind of additional information.

My best regards to all,

Zelimir

--
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica