[meteorite-list] Old Sci-Fi Movie on TCM Tonight

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:01:06 -0700

Hello Robert:

I had seen the movie years (decades) ago and sort of remember the ending
(have it recorded but only watched half "live"). They actually did try to
make it as scientifically accurate as they could. In the movie, they were
not trying to look for a metal to make their ships out of, but find out
what protected the meteorite from "turning into dust" in the harsh
environment of space. Yes, lots of wrong science, but, given what we knew
in 1954, not all that bad (from a harsh critic of bad SciFi which I do
still enjoy watching).

Larry
PS realize that this was back in the days when we still did not know for
sure what made all of those round hole on the Moon--volcanoes or impacts