[meteorite-list] Russia mega meteor and asteroid 2012DA14 related, yes I think so...

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 13:21:52 -0700

Skepticism does not require having significant doubt about things which
are well understood. The suggestion that has been offered is either the
product of extreme ignorance or of outright pseudoscience (well, the
question was a fair one, but the insistence upon sticking with the
belief in light of educated responses is highly unreasonable).

In this case, we have a situation where it is essentially physically
impossible for the two events to be connected. Even if the two bodies
involved were once part of the same one (which is extremely unlikely),
it would take a very long time for them to deviate so much in their
orbits- meaning that it would still be a coincidence that they arrived
at the same time.

There is no reasonable or likely mechanism for a body to split and
produce products with radically different orbits.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com