[meteorite-list] Video selection criteria

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:23:28 -0500

Hi E.P., Bob, and List,

My criteria are very arbitrary and were not based on any kind of
scientific value. Above all, I wanted clear videos of higher quality.
 Many videos are low-resolution and pixelated. Some are out of focus
and jumpy. And a few had very loud and awful music blaring the entire
time. A large portion of the videos showed the same thing - the trail
in the sky and the damage afterwards. A relatively-small number are
clear, well-shot, and contain intelligible audio as well - those are
the ones I was looking for. And some personal bias slipped in - the
video with the dog, the woman screaming in surprise, etc. Those kinds
of videos just struck me in some way.

I finished up looking through several dozen more last night and today,
and I didn't find any more worth sharing - just more of the same.

I keep hoping to run across another video like #7 (which turned out to
be fake) - something that clearly shows the leading edge of the bolide
while the trail is being formed. I have yet to find a genuine video
of that.

Best regards,

MikeG

--