[meteorite-list] I have heard the Chelyabinsk Meteorite could be classified as a ........

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:40:24 +0000

More like L5-6 imho... seems an awful lot of metal in some pics I've seen.. I reckon this one will be like NWA869 (L3.8-L9!) i.e. it will vary between finds, it's a big fall after all, which means it might be a little more varied than usual.

I'm disappointed but the lack of 'pointless speculation' on a classification on this list! - normally this list has it classified, weighed and half sold off before it's even recovered! :)

Mark