[meteorite-list] Meteoroid/Asteroid Electro-Magnetic Disruption and Charge Properties?

From: James Beauchamp <falcon99_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 05:13:49 -0800 (PST)

In plasma situations where electrons and nuclei are freely moving about, the math supports a very, very tiny chance that nuclei will collide with enough energy to merge or break apart into other isotopes.

Applying a rate of trillions of "possibilities" in a volume, over a period of time, the probability becomes realizable that somewhere, something happened.

There's a whole sub-culture of people who build "fuzors" in their garages for the novelty of saying "there's a chance something is fusing in that glowing cloud."