[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk at White House today

From: Pict <pict_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:24:20 -0700

With the shot of the corridor 3 minutes in on the video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznHQKjWBSA there is an interval of around
2 Min 24 sec according to the video time signature. Note there is footage
edited out between the flash and the bang. Assuming an average speed of
sound as around 320 m/sec that would be 46 km distant.
I'd guess you'd need similar data from 2 other locations to triangulate an
altitude estimate for the explosion.
An analysis of the shadow tracks is likely a more accurate route to the
answer.
Regards,
John